Thursday, February 18, 2010

Julie & Julia




I just watched Julie and Julia and absolutely LOVED it!  That one may have to become a purchase.  I love to cook and especially bake, so I of course loved watching a movie all about that!  It makes me want to do the same thing as Julie and work my way through an entire cookbook.  I think I may have to dig up my lemon dessert recipe book and start going through that one!  I've made a number of recipes from it and have yet to be disappointed!  The ones I have tried include lemon pound cake, lemon granata, lemon madeleines, and, the all-time favorite, perfect lemon tart.  Ask anyone who has tried it, it's killer!  And there are so many more!!  Perhaps I should wait until I can use the lemons off our tree to tackle that book.  I could always start with my Ghirardelli cookbook! Yumm!!!  I've only made one cake from that one, but it was really good!  Or, my grandma and grandpa gave me a Philadelphia Cream Cheese recipe book for Christmas, which upon opening I immediately let out an audible "uh-oh" because I knew how much trouble it could cause.  Hmmm.....that could be a lot of cheesecake, but I could always give it away.  Who would be willing to partake of the sweets if I bake them?  Heaven knows I can't keep them around the house!

Lemon pound cake

No comments:

Post a Comment